correction: This issue with the first-time null exception seems related to
JDBCOptimistic lock - once I went back to QueuedPessimisticEJBLock the first-time
nulls no longer happen (but performance drops).

--__--__--

Hey all,
Optimizing my program and testing as I go through, and came across an =
unusual scenario. I have an Organization bean with a 1-N relationship to =
a Member bean.  There is an Organization.getMembers() method that is an =
aggregate value-object.  When I call the Organization value-object with =
the associated Memeber(s) value-object, the first time it gets called is =
always runtimeexception: null, but after that everything works o.k. =
(this is in a controlled test environment, and it should never be null). =
 BUT, if I exclude getMembers() from the value-object, everything works =
o.k., even the first time.

This works great for my environment, other than having the first time be =
a runtimeexception:null.

Any ideas?

-D