Hi All,

my team is talking about the new (ecommerce) project
design and came up with an idea that i wanted to run
by you. i know there a few sample ecommerce
implementations such as petstore, vsm and we looked at
them. however, we are trying to follow a convention
set earlier while building other app modules.

basically we will have two entity beans (Order and
OrderLineItem). There will be a session facade
(session bean) OrderService with a method
createOrder(OrderTO). Within that method a helper
manager will be instantiated to do some preprocessing
and then store data in both tables (Order and
OrderLineItem) using CMP. So..

1) do you think it's good design so far?
2) someone here proposed that reading of orders and
line items be done using DAO pattern (jdbc). Is this a
good idea to write using one method and read using the
other? I am afraid of some inconsistent data resulting
from this.

Thanks a lot!
James