On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 16:05, Ricardo Coutinho wrote:
> No problem.
>
> However I am not sure if it is functioning correctly. As I said I get
> an exception from the container on the first re-use of the connection
> after it was cut and after that it works okay.
>
> For my client application this is obviously not ideal. The reconnect
> should be transparent to the client.

The connection is not being reused, it is a different connection.

If you want transparency see my other comments about validity checking.
The sorter just handles destruction AFTER a failure.

Transparency is not possible in general. A connection can fail
halfway through a transaction. The only option is to catch the
rollback and retry.

Regards,
Adrian