On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 10:03 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

It may work fine if you use the default load group.

I am not defining any load groups for this entity.

Rod Macpherson wrote:

Is this a new limitation or was this introduced in 3.2.2? We have > 64
column entity beans and AFAIK we have been inserting on them. Thx

This limitation didn't exist in 3.2.1, it appeared in 3.2.2.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Shrimpton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 2:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] 3.2.2 : Null primary key on create
On Tuesday 21 October 2003 14:15, Jason Essington wrote:
Hi,
Just out of curiosity, how many fields are in your entity bean?
87
Alexey indicated (on October 10) that the CMP engine currently had a limit of 64 columns, but that he was working on a fix.
If that has not been fixed, that could be the problem.
I have not filed a bug on this, but perhaps that would be in order?
I will try an bring the entity bean in question down <64 fields to see
if it works, if it does it would seem to be in order
Recap:
In my case, an application that functions just fine under 3.2.1 fails with SQLExceptions (on removal) and CreateExceptions (on
creation) when trying to manipulate a very complicated entity ( > 64 fields ) in 3.2.2. However all of the other entities ( < 64 fields ) in the application work perfectly.
This seems very simlar to my situation
Phil

-jason