> >> Is this a new limitation or was this introduced in 3.2.2? We have > 64
> >> column entity beans and AFAIK we have been inserting on them. Thx
>
> This limitation didn't exist in 3.2.1, it appeared in 3.2.2.

In which RC was it introduced?

I am currently using RC2 and have not noticed any problems (one of my
entities has 70 fields). Was planning to move to 3.2.2 this week, but it
might be better to delay this a bit. I was hoping to be able to benefit from
the improved efficiency in the CMP engine...

Someone said that the DB structure should be reworked when there are many
fields, but this is not always straightforward (in my case, the number of
fields are the result of a flattened inheritance tree. Many classes only add
one or two fields, so having some kind of middle ground between one table
per class or one table for all classes is not so simple.

Joachim