So if I wanted ALL jsp pages in my webapp to be compiled when it is deployed would I change this part of the webdefault.xml file:

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
   <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

to this?:

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
   <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

I tested this by creating a jsp page that does not compile and reploying it. I didn't see any problems until i actually tried to navigate to the page.

thanks.
.peter

Greg Wilkins wrote:

You can access the jasper configuration in Jetty via the webdefault.xml in the jbossweb-jetty.sar

regards

JD Brennan wrote:

Do you have an example of what the web.xml mappings
would look like?  I've checked the Tomcat docs, searched
the JBoss 3.2.1 source tree and even read the web.xml
DTD, but I still can't figure out how to do this.

Thanks,
JD