Hi

Just another FYI on the null primary key for auto-increment primary key
problem in jboss-3.2.2.  Basically, the auto-increment keys don't seem to
generate, and I get a null primary key error on creation.  The suggestion
was to add <auto-increment/> to jbosscmp-jdbc.xml for the key fields.  I did
that, and the failure still occurs.  Just to be sure, I simply deployed the
jar to 3.2.1.  With 3.2.1, the deployment failed with the following error:

2003-12-04 13:50:16,738 ERROR
[org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException:
Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
Packages waiting for a deployer:
  <none>
Incompletely deployed packages:
  <none>
MBeans waiting for classes:
  <none>
MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
[ObjectName:
jboss.j2ee:jndiName=homebrew/ejb/entity/accountHolderBean,service=EJB
 state: FAILED
 I Depend On:
 Depends On Me: java.lang.IllegalStateException: auto-increment template not
found]

So, in 3.2.1, I removed the <auto-increment/> tag from the beans, and the
app deploys and the bean works (i.e., auto-increment keys are generated
properly).

Can you tell me why the auto-increment tag was suggested for 3.2.2?  Are
there additional tags that must be included?

Please help!!!

Regards,
Matt Hanson