        From: Pedro Salazar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Fri 12/12/2003 4:08 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] (SOLVED) Invoking EJB but using *name* instead*IP*

        Solved:
        -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=<hostname>

        On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 10:34, Pedro Salazar wrote:
        > Greetings again,
        >
        > how to put the JBOSS server listening on the host name instead the IP
        > address? If I could do that, my problem would be solved because by DNS
        > all my clients would resolve well the host name of my server.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Pedro Salazar
        >
        > On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:15, Pedro Salazar wrote:
        > > Greetings,
        > >
        > > I'm trying to invoke a EJB but my server address has 1 network interface
        > > card which is viewed as 10.xxx and as 192.xxx, dependent of the network
        > > (the 192.xxx is translated  by NAT in the firewall).
        > >
        > > When I invoke my EJB (even over HTTP) if the client is in the network
        > > 10.xxx all works fine. When the client is in the 192.xxx network it
        > > hangs on the lookup() for a while (about 1-2 min) and then it will hang
        > > for long time in the create() until an exception is thrown:
        > >
        > > "
        > > initial context...
        > > lookup...
        > > narrow...
        > > create...
        > > java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.112.80.4;
        > > nested exception is:
        > >         java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
        > >         at
        > > sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:567)
        > >         at
        > > sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
        > >         at
        > > sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
        > >         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:101)
        > >         at
        > > org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
        > >         at

org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:135)
        > >         at
        > > org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:96)
        > >         at

org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:46)
        > >         at
        > > org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:45)
        > >         at
        > > org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor.invoke(HomeInterceptor.java:173)
        > >         at
        > > org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:85)
        > >         at $Proxy1.create(Unknown Source)
        > >         at pt.ptinovacao.teste.ejb.TesteEJB.main(TesteEJB.java:32)
        > > Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
        > >         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        > >         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:295)
        > >         at
        > > java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:161)
        > >         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:148)
        > >         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:425)
        > >         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:375)
        > >         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:290)
        > >         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:118)
        > >         at

sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
        > >         at

sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:122)

        --
        -PS