On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 13:06, Rod Macpherson wrote:
> Did you need the web container and JNDI listening on one host and RMI on
> another? I would be very interested in what the intent was here.
>
> TIA,
>
> Rod

No. You only need that the host name be resolved in DNS on each network,
because that is the server reference which is encapsulated on the stub
returned to client.

If you configure the server as 'host1', it means that a client in the
local network should resolve the 'host1' to the IP on the local network
(10.x.x.x), and a client on the DMZ for instance, should resolve the
same 'host1' to the IP on the DMZ network (192.x.x.x).

regards,
Pedro Salazar.

--
-PS