Wow,
Answers from Bill and Adrian in less than 15 minutes!! I guess Interceptor
is the magic word :-)
I'll look at the current behaviour of TxInterceptorCMT, but I suspect we
want to control this ourselves. I'll let you guys know any good ideas I
get (if any).

Lastly, Giovanni, I'm using JBoss 3.2.2 and not the 4.0 AOP stuff. Thanks
anyway.
Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

Adrian Brock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
07.01.2004 16:27
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [JBoss-user] Where to put an Interceptor class?

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 16:18, Jonathan.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
> We're just about to write our first interceptor (to retry deadlocked
> methods), and we can't find the docs where to have the class loaded.
> The best would be to have it in a jar in our EAR. Is that possible?
Also,
> can we keep delare our own interceptor stack for our beans in this EAR
> too?

Yes you can put the interceptor in your ear and yes
you can configure your own interceptor stack,
either on the server or the client.
You provide your own configurations in jboss.xml

It only makes sense to retry a deadlock after you have allowed
the transaction to rollback, i.e. outside the transaction
demarcation boundary.
You will already find this behaviour already in
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT

Regards,
Adrian

> Thanks,