Jboss is great, gives people an opportunity to learn, develop, and then deploy J2EE
without spending the big bucks on the other guys...but....

I do agree the present lack of documentation, and the lack of consolidation of what
are some great examples by non-jboss people, is frustrating when (as the title points
out) you spend hours to figure out how to do something trivial.

Me, I keep all my code, all my configs, and all my jboss versions for every project I
do for reference, as well as a stack of PRINTED website examples/snippets and zipped
folders of other peoples examples.  Even then, One example/snippet with XDoclet I have
to work-around to merge in someone elses hand-written code/config and then combine
with ANT/Maven/Netbeans/Eclipse.

Personally, I would recommend some standard configuration documentation, but then
support dev-environment-based support sites with examples that are consistent across
all the dev-environments.
http://java.sun.com/developer/releases/petstore/
http://xpetstore.sourceforge.net/

Here is J2EE.
Here is J2EE w/ Xdoclet.
Here is J2EE w/ Xdoclet on JBoss.
Here is J2EE/.NET w/ Xdoclet on JBoss with JBoss-IDE and Jboss-net-xdoclet.
Any questions?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3822355#3822355

Reply to the post :