Your solution is in principle correct, and, oddly enough, almost possible to implement
with the current alpha release.

Basically, you'll have to write a "bridge client", that creates two connections to two
different serverless JMS providers. The first one runs over the multicast domain and
the other one has a JGroups stack that uses a router or direct TCP. You'll have to
write the bridging code, based on the topic name, etc.

There is a small problem with the way the connection gets its configuration
information, right now is kind of hardcoded, but this is easy to fix. I'll have to
change the JNDI implementation for that.

The good solution to the problem is to add bridging code to JGroup itself. This way,
you won't have to send messages up and down the stack just to take a routing decision
at application level. We have plans to add that, as well.

If everything works out OK, a version that supports the solution you described should
be available some time next week.

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3825310#3825310";>View
the original post</a>