Well, loader-repository causes other problems (ClassCastExceptions on the xml-apis
when parsing the deployment descriptors).

Is it possible to use a newer version of xalan with JBoss 3.2.3?

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=33184

>From the above link it appears it maybe possible to run a newer version of xalan, but
>I get another exception (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>org.apache.xml.utilsXMLChar.isValidQName()).  I think it's because it's loading an
>old class of xml-apis.jar and the newer xalan requires a new xml-apis.jar.  I've
>copied newer versions of xml-apis.jar, xalan.jar, xercesImpl.jar, and bsf.jar to
>server/default/lib.

If anyone could point me to some references on how to use JBoss3.2.x with a newer
version of xalan it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Joe Hall

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3826964#3826964";>View