"ggimler" wrote : If describing my data may help with optimizing the protocol stack...

  | I'm primarily sending radar state information.  Just for a rough estimate, I
serialized the objects to a file (I know this isn't the most accurate way of getting
the true size of the objects) but they range from 1.3kb - 2.0kb serialized.

  | I was pretty happy with the rates I was sending out the text messages (I was able
to get ~800 messages/second).  Sending these objects I've been getting significantly
less performance at ~100 messages/second and if I add more subscribers performance
seems to degrade.

  | Perhaps if Bela could elucicate how I may optimize my protocol configuration for
this type of data distribution?

  | Thanks.

Use the fc-fast protocol; I tested this on my home system, and got about 1600 msgs/sec.
fc-fast uses flow control, so it is very good when having *sustained* load over an
extended period of time. But I'm sure you could optimize even more if you know the
type of app (which you do).

Bela

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3827316#3827316";>View