Our environment is Jboss 3.2.3 on linux redhat9, DB is postgresql 7.3.4 and we use it
as JBossMQ persistence manager.

We have a session bean that call a method with RequiresNew. This method does the
following:

- Read a message in a queue
- Do some processing with the message (calling an MBean that will write some file to
disk).

Sometimes (but it's reproductible, we got the following stacktrace:

17:31:52,303 WARN  [jboss.tm.TransactionImpl] Transaction TransactionImpl:XidImpl
[FormatId=257, GlobalId=biohazard.dev.XXXXX.com//45, BranchQual=] timed out.
status=STATUS_ACTIVE
17:31:52,376 ERROR [adapter.jms.JmsSessionFactoryImpl] could not create session
javax.resource.ResourceException: Interrupted while requesting permit!  Waited 1 ms,
invocation time: 1081438312365
        at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:259)
        at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:496)
        at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:425)
        at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:318)
        at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:477)
        at
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:814)
        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsSessionFactoryImpl.createQueueSession(JmsSessionFactoryImpl.java:119)
        at
com.XXXXX.XXXXXX.core.common.JmsReceiverBean.receive(JmsReceiverBean.java:78)
        at
com.XXXXX.XXXXXX.core.common.JmsReceiverBean.receive(JmsReceiverBean.java:126)

In our code line 78 is:

session = queueConnection.createQueueSession(false, QueueSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

queueConnection is a transient attribute of our session bean. We open the connection
when the bean is created/activated and we close it when the bean is passivated/removed.

I took thread dump and everything is normal

Could it be a Jboss bug?

Regards,

Stephane

View the original post :