I use and love Linux and FreeBSD.  Windows is a necessary evil though to ensure and be
able to support and document cross-OS compatibility.  MySQL and Apache are configured
differently on Windows, and are

How can a batch virus infect a class file?  The same reason an email can carry any
virus/worm payload... to propogate.

AntiVirus eXpert Professional is detecting the payloads.

I'd like to believe these are false positives, and consider it a high possibility, but
need to be sure.

The JBoss jars are dated 11/30/03 3:45a.  I ran the scan on the files that I had on
FreeBSD, which I consider more protected and obtained the same results.

I realize this tempts us to try to deny the possiblity that class files could become
infected, or that JBoss might be vulnerable, but this would deny one of the primary
benefits of open source...  open peer and critical review for security.  This is
something I believe in, so I believe it's better to discuss the possibility and how we
can protect our applications, JVMs and class files in general rather than hope blindly
that running on Linux is a cure all for security.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3830190#3830190

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3830190