Scott,

I'm happy to report that the XmlHelper that the virus scanner gave the alert for has
the same md5 of jboss-3.2.3.tgz that I just downloaded and checked the md5 for.

XmlHelper md5:
28ae27543ae18dc9efd144ac456634c6

To tell you the truth, Scott, the BAT virus was never my concern.  I simply posted it
here because I was hoping that since a JBoss class was included, someone else had the
same experience, and could offer some insight from what they learned.

This experience does make me concerned about the prospect of backdoor IRC viruses,
though.  I'll be thinking a lot more about establishing procedures to ensure the
integrity of classes, particularly on production servers.  In the meantime, I am glad
that I can run it on Linux/BSDs where I can tighten down the file security.

I did put another post though where I ran into a snag tighening down JBoss by running
it under a 'jbossuser' with very limitted rights.  Primarily, even though I SU'd to
'jbossuser' to run JBoss, it still tried to put the temporary files in the home folder
of the original user I logged in as when it compiled JSPs.  I can't log in initially
as 'jbossuser' because I need the ability to SU as root and don't want to give this
ability to 'jbossuser'.

Do you know how to solved the temporary file problem?  Is there a way I can tell it
where to create temporary files during JSP compilation?  This is using JBoss 3.2.3,
integrated Tomcat and Jasper.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3830778#3830778

Reply to the post :