Hi Mathias,

Yes this is possible. We currently use 3.0.6 but the principles should apply to later
versions. We have 1 ear containing a war and some ejbs. A servlet in this ear routes
calls to a routing service also deployed in this ear. This routing service then
examines the job and routes to a GatewayBean in another ear. All beans implementations
that wish to be called in this way must subclass from the GatewayBean which just
offers a ProcessCall like interface. Each of the these beans are then deployed in
their own ear. Each of the ear's are hot-deployable so when we add a new customer we
add a new route (via the DB) and just deploy their implementation in their own ear)

However there are a few pitfalls. The first being that each ear is scoped to have its
own classloader, the second that calls between the ears are sprecified to use pass by
value (a different container configuration). We also retain pass by reference when in
the same ear. It is also important that you package up all classes that form part of
the interface into their own jar. We put this in the lib directory.

Sorry its a little garbled as I am rushing.

Regards
Lea.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3833946#3833946