Yes I know what was wrong...

Our scenario was 200,000 Hashtables created more or less at the same time, and of
course we wanted those to be pushed on to the queue as
fast as possible.

In this particular case you will always get very high load on the server, no matter
what server you have. A little "sleep" between each message pushed onto the queue
helped the situation, and the ping/pong worked. But I'm not a friend of using
Thread.sleep for such things.

/G

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835278#3835278