I had the same issue when I converted my code from the old data-object to
value-objects.  The only way I found around this was to make 2 value objects for each
bean.  One that is a "complete" object and contains the relationships to other beans.
Another that is a "relation" object that has only CMP fields and no relationships to
other beans.  The "complete" objects only load "relation" objects so that you don't
get the circular references.

In order to avoid the confusion for having multiple classes, I made each type
(complete or relation) implement a common interface.

I've not figured out any better way around this problem.  If you stick to using the
interfaces, it's not that messy and you still benefit from auto-generated code.

Hope that helps,
gary.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3838783#3838783