So the question was asked wrong?

Assumption: All the ConnectionFactories we are talking about are dishing out
javax.jms.Connection objects.

Perhaps my confusion is related to the fact that we have Connections and Connection
factories in both JCA and JMS worlds?

ok, so you are saying (trying to answer the questions in the original post)

A1) If you want the benefits that come from using a ResourceAdaptor (xa, security,
pooling) use java:/JmsXA to obtain a jms connection object.

If not, use java:/XAConnectionFactory (defined in jvm-il-service.xml) to obtain a
"plain" jms connection object. Q3) This won't do xa because we're not using the
ResourceAdaptor???

A2) The differences between the connection factories defined/declared in jms-ds.xml
and jvm-il-service.xml still remain unclear. For example they both contain the JNDI
name java:/XAConnectionFactory. Q4) Who is binding what into JNDI?

jms-ds.xml
docu p359 "The JNDI name under which the provider javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory
will be bound."

  | [JMSProviderLoader] <----JmsProviderAdapterJNDI------ [tx-connection-factory]
  |   |
  |   +---QueueFactoryRef----> java:/XAConnectionFactory

jvm-il-service.xml
docu p337 "The JNDI location that this IL will bind a ConnectionFactory setup to use
this IL."

  | [JVMServerILService]
  |   |
  |   +---ConnectionFactoryJNDIRef----> java:/ConnectionFactory
  |   |
  |   +---XAConnectionFactoryJNDIRef----> java:/XAConnectionFactory

They can't both bind something to the same name, so one of them must be referencing
the other. My guess is that the [JMSProviderLoader] is referencing the
ConnectionFactory defined by the
[JVMServerILService] who is responsible for binding it into JNDI. Q5)Is this correct?

If the relationship between the RA and IL is perfectly clear then it should be pretty
simple to explain. Please.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3840318#3840318

Reply to the post :