Hi,
in our project we have the requirement for a scalable asynchronous
communication protocol. We started with evaluation of different JMS
products (f.e. JBOSSMQ, SonicMQ, OpenJMS).

We are happy with JBossMQ, we were able to send and receive about
4000 msgs per second (topic with 40 subscribers) on one node. The next task is to
improve the performance further by using a clustered environment.

Therefore we performed some tests with a JBoss 3.2.5 cluster and found out that JMS is
deployed as a HASingleton. That means we will get a reliable JMS solution but not a
scalable solution with our cluster.

And now my questions:
===============

Can this behavior be modified? If not are there plans to provide
a scalable JMS cluster solution? In the JBoss 4 Roadmap I found the
information that reliability has higher priority as scalability, but could you
please give my an idea if and when we can expect a scalable JMS
solution.

Thanks a lot and Best regards
Nicole

View the original post :