Hi All:

Here is my setup:

Standalone Tomcat (hosting my WAR)
Standalone JBoss (just hosting my EJB's)

When I try to access my EJB from Tomcat(through a facade/DAO), I get the following
exception in the JBoss prompt:

  | 13:33:57,340 ERROR [LogInterceptor] EJBException, causedBy:
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No security context set
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.EnterpriseContext$EJBContextImpl.getCallerPrincipal(EnterpriseContext.java:276)

I dont write these EJB's. It get shipped to me from a remote place and the place where
they write these EJB's, they use Sun's RI for testing.

I become paranoid as I dont know if this error is caused due to JAAS or I failed to
provide some vendor specific information.

Also, I'm pretty new to JAAS. Already I started to read some JAAS stuff, but thought
of posting it anyway if someone could give me a fast fix.

So, I would appreciate if someone could throw light on my following confusions:

1. Is this error because of JAAS or absence of vendor specific config's.
2. I'm not using any Vendor Specific Config (like jboss.xml). I'm living with whatever
comes with ejb-jar.xml. Should I use any vendor specific configuration to avoid the
error?

Thanks,
Pani

View the original post :