I am using JBoss BASIC Authentication/Authorization (user.properties &
roles.properties) for my web application. I have an applet that lives inside a jsp/
directory. In one of the web page, when I click at a button, it will launch the applet
in a new window. I noticed that when loading the applet jar file:

1. I was prompted for usesname & password again
2. my HttpSession was invalidated

I moved the applet outside my web application into a publicly accessible web directory
and again it asked me to authenticate (I don't understand why it needs to given that
the applet is outside the webapp) and my session was invalidated. Has anybody come
across that and have an explanation for it.

I am using IE 6.0.28 on Windows XP. I have also tested this in Netscape 7 and got the
same result. Thanks.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3841424#3841424

Reply to the post :