Alexey,
Thanks again for taking time out. It makes more sense to me now.
I used the finder and the performance improved relatively. 730 records in 12 seconds.
I have not used Lazy-resultset-loading yet.

However sorry to pester you with couple of yet again follow up questions:

1. Do u know the xDoclet tag for generating lazy-resultset-loading in jboss deployment
descriptors??? I could not find one in the docs (xdoc nor jboss).

2. This is an unexpected one. Initially I have put the finder method in the OrderBean
instead of in LineItemBean . Interesting enough I was getting a class cast exception
when i was type casting the object retrieved from the collection returned by the
finder to a LineItemLocal object (see ejb-ql query) and I was getting a class cast
exception. When I moved the finder to LineItemBean then it worked. Doesn't the spec
say that the collection returned by a  finder is determined by the SELECT OBJECT(Type)
part of ejb-ql query???

  | /**
  | @ejb.finder method-intf = "LocalHome"
  |  *             description = "Find all line Items of a order "
  |  *             query = "SELECT OBJECT(lineitem) FROM LineItemSchema AS lineitem
WHERE fooditem.order.id=?1"
  |  *             signature = "java.util.Collection
findFoodItemsOfGroup(java.lang.String orderID)"

I apologize for pestering you. I would really appreciate if you can further clarify.

sincere thanks again,
-V

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3843079#3843079