Arf sorry i forgot about the stripped tags...

"theute" wrote : First you should modify your .classpath with Eclipse closed as i
think Eclipse will replace your .classpath by the one it has in memory. So check that
your .classpath has not been modified

  | I only use 1 project and 1 classpath (in the root directory of the project) Be
careful with the different views, Java and Resource.

  | I am not sure of the perfect way but this should work (i always do from CVS
otherwise i couldn't find any way to use the CVS features of Eclipse)

  | --> Create a new Java project (any project name, Create in workspace (or not it
shouldn't matter, create separate source and output folders) . you can click on finish
at the first screen
  | --> right click on the project and choose import
  | --> pick file system
  | --> go inside the directory nukes (where there is build, common, bb, ...
  | -->select it (the main directory) and choose "Create selected folders only"
  | Now you should have in the resource view:
  | Projectname
  | > bb
  | > build
  | > common
  | > tools
  | > .classpath
  | > .project
  |
  | And in Java view:
  | > src
  | > JRE System Library
  | > bb
  | > tools
  |
  | Now you want to declare bb/src/main, common/src/main, distrib/src/main... as
sources directories.

  | What you can do is go in the properties of the project then choose the Java Build
Path, and "Source" tab and click to add your folders one by one. If you do that it
will update your .classpath like this:

  |   |  <classpathentry kind="src" path="nukes/src/main"/>
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="src" path="common/src/main"/>
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="src" path="bb/src/main"/>
  |   |
  | Once you did that Eclipse will complain about missing libraries. Here starts the
boring job to find which libraries it needs. You can look at the message and fix one
by one the missing libraries by adding them in the "Libraries" tab and click on "Add
external jars".

  | By doing that Eclipse will update the .classpath like this: (there are much more)
  |
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="lib"
path="/home/theute/jboss-3.2/build/output/jboss-3.2.3/lib/commons-httpclient.jar"/>
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="lib"
path="/home/theute/jboss-3.2/build/output/jboss-3.2.3/lib/commons-logging.jar"/>
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="lib"
path="/home/theute/jboss-3.2/build/output/jboss-3.2.3/lib/concurrent.jar"/>
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="lib"
path="/home/theute/jboss-3.2/build/output/jboss-3.2.3/lib/getopt.jar"/>
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="lib"
path="/home/theute/jboss-3.2/build/output/jboss-3.2.3/lib/gnu-regexp.jar"/>
  |   |  <classpathentry kind="lib"
path="/home/theute/jboss-3.2/build/output/jboss-3.2.3/lib/jboss-boot.jar"/>
  |   |

  | Now you are ready to use Eclipse.
  |
  | To build you should still use the build.xml
  |
  | I am not expert of Eclipse, there is probably better to do as my classes are
compiles twice, once by Eclipse (in a  wrong directory) and once by ant.

  | I just started to play with JBoss IDE but breaks too often for me :(
  |
  | Good luck !

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3845768#3845768

Reply to the post :