I think I might have found a bug but I want to check here first before submitting the
bug on SF.net.  After some more testing I finally figured out why I am not able to hot
deploy on my production machines but I'm able to do so on my staging environment.
Actually, the hot deploy works fine but the changes in the property file (located in
the hot deployed JAR) don't get recognized if the machine has any active sessions on
it.  To test this out I turned off Apache so no requests would hit the JBoss instance
and let the production machine expire all of it's active sessions (about 1500).  As
soon as the last session was destroyed, I started Apache again and Voila!, the change
from the property file was recognized.  Can someone tell me if this a bug?  I would
imagine it is but what relationship is there between the active sessions on a machine
and how hot deployment actually works?  Thanks for any and all input...

Environment:  3.2.5 and 3.2.6RC1 on Linux

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3846157#3846157

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3846157