I am currently running the Tutorial for building J2EE Applications using JBOSS and
ECLIPSE chapter 6
the tutorial shows you how to create a CMP. One of the methods is findByPrimaryKey.

The problem is that  when I call the findByPrimaryKey method :

SupplierLocal supplier = this.suppLocalHome.findByPrimaryKey(suppID);

It returns a null pointer value.

According to the tutorial the findByPrimaryKey is set by the container.

Using a search I can find reference to the findByPrimaryKey in two files:

SupplierHome

public au.com.tusc.cmp.Supplier findByPrimaryKey(java.lang.String pk)
      throws javax.ejb.FinderException,java.rmi.RemoteException;

SupplierLocalHome

public au.com.tusc.cmp.SupplierLocal findByPrimaryKey(java.lang.String pk)
      throws javax.ejb.FinderException;

But it has not generated any reference to the findByPrimaryKey method in the
deployment descriptors.

What I need to know is how to set the  findByPrimaryKey method within the deployment
descriptors. Or how to set it up with xdoclet.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3848000#3848000