Hello,

I have create a Timer table in by Oracle 9i database:
create table TIMERS(
  |     TIMERID varchar2(80) not null ,
  |     TARGETID varchar2(80) not null ,
  |     INITIALDATE timestamp not null ,
  |     TIMERINTERVAL number(20) ,
  |     INSTANCEPK raw(2000) ,
  |     INFO raw(2000) ,
  |     constraint TIMERS_PK primary key (TIMERID,TARGETID)
  | )

I have changed in the ejb-deployer.xml the data source for Timers persistence
to my Oracle XA data source, but I get the following exception:
anonymous wrote : 2004-12-22 16:25:11,427 ERROR
[org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimerServiceImpl] Cannot create txtimer
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to persist timer
  |     at
org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.insertTimer(DatabasePersistencePolicy.java:124)
  |     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |     at
  |     at
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:144)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:72)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:249)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:642)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.util.JMXInvocationHandler.invoke(JMXInvocationHandler.java:272)
  |     at $Proxy409.insertTimer(Unknown Source)
  |     at
org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimerServiceImpl.createTimer(TimerServiceImpl.java:206)
  |     at
org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext$TimerServiceWrapper.createTimer(StatelessSessionEnterpriseContext.java:273)
  |     at
fr.monentreprise.monprojet.monpaquetage.MonTimerBean.creerTimer(MonTimerBean.java:73)
  |     (...)
  | Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02049: Temporisation : transaction
distribuÃe attend un verrou

  |     at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
  |     at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.check_error(OCIDBAccess.java:2355)
  |     at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.executeFetch(OCIDBAccess.java:1760)
  |     at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.parseExecuteFetch(OCIDBAccess.java:1921)
  |     at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:2152)
  |     at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:2035)
  |     at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2876)
  |     at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:609)
  |     at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(WrappedPreparedStatement.java:316)
  |     at
org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin.insertTimer(GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin.java:156)
  |     at
org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.insertTimer(DatabasePersistencePolicy.java:120)
  |     ... 55 more

The Oracle error code means:
anonymous wrote : ORA-02049:    timeout: distributed transaction waiting for
lock
  | Cause:      Exceeded INIT.ORA DISTRIBUTED_LOCK_TIMEOUT seconds waiting for
lock.
  | Action:     Treat as a deadlock.

I already noticed that
- Timer persistence over a non-XA Oracle data source worked, so the database
schema is right.
- I use the same Oracle XA data source from my EJBs and it works so it's
properly configured!

Is it possible to use Timers persistence through an Oracle XA data source?
Thanks for your help,
GÃrald

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3859633#3859633