Apparently the new version is using java bean property editors for the string
conversion, and jboss installs its own date property editor. This is simply
doing the following:

  |    public Object getValue()
  |    {
  |       try
  |       {
  |          DateFormat df = DateFormat.getDateInstance();
  |          return df.parse(getAsText());
  |       }
  |       catch (ParseException e)
  |       {
  |          throw new NestedRuntimeException(e);
  |       }
  |    }

This is using the locale default format parser, which is not very flexible. You
can use the properties-service.xml PropertyEditorManagerService to

  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.property.PropertyEditorManagerService"
  |     name="jboss:type=Service,name=PropertyEditorManager">
  |
  |     <!--
  |        | Register and editor for each of the type_name=editor_type_name
listed
  |        | in properties file style convetion.
  |      -->
  |     <attribute name="Editors">
  |       java.util.Date=my.project.editors.DateEditor
  |     </attribute>
  |
  |   </mbean>

Presumably there is a DateEditor in the jstl release that should be used.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3859637#3859637

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3859637