We have been playing around with the parameters that I explained before.

We changed Xms to 1024m and after several hours running with these setting, we
obtained this:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Then we decided to reduce Xmx to 1024m instead of 1536 and Xms to 880m.
We have 2GB of memory and I think that the act of reducing the maximun Java
heap size will
made the "native heap" bigger and this change should prevent any
OutOfMemoryErrors based on the
native heap.

Our server only has Jboss. The 2GB are for Operative System and Jboss.

Now, we are testing these setting;
-Xmx1024m
-Xms880m
-Xss1024k
-XX:NewSize=220m
-XX:MaxNewSize=220m
-XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=2
-XX:SurvivorRatio=8.

Could anybody tell me if these settings are ok????

We had been testing our application with JProve an JProfiler and we hadnÂt
found a memory leak.

About Xss exactly I donÂt know if 1024k is too much or not. We are using the
values of ulimit by default.
In our application we are creating threads to do specific functionality,
but I donÂt know if we are using a lot or not.

We have 3 problems:

1. OutOfMemory: unable to create new native thread: I have explained it before.
2. StackOverFlowError: This appears sometimes and the Jboss dies.
3. Anormal behaviour of GC. I have explain it in the previous topic.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3867902#3867902

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3867902