I have created a web service from a Remote interface using wscompile
to create the WSDL and mapping.xml files. The web service deploys ok.
I have also created a stand-alone application to consume the web service
using JWSDP-1.5 to create stubs and such from the WSDL.
When I run the client, an exception is thrown in a client deserializer
while reading the response from the webservice because (it claims) the
wrong element is present in the response. The relevant bits of the WSDL
and SOAP message are below. If I read the WSDL correctly, the
...Response element should followed by a result element whereas the
SOAP message follows the ...Response element with a ns2:User element.
Not being an expert I don't know whether the soap message is wrong, the
deserializer, or the wsdl

WSDL Fragment:
  |   <message name="DarWorld_getCurrentUserResponse">
  |     <part name="result" type="ns3:User"/></message>

and the SOAP response message:

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
  |  <soapenv:Body>
  |   <ns1:getCurrentUserResponse xmlns:ns1="http://darworld.bbn.com/service";>
  |    <ns2:User xmlns:ns2="http://darworld.bbn.com";>
  |     <background xsi:nil="1"/>
  |     <email xsi:nil="1"/>
  |     <firstname xsi:nil="1"/>
  |     <interests xsi:nil="1"/>
  |     <lastname xsi:nil="1"/>
  |     <nickname>Admin</nickname>
  |     <password>admin</password>
  |     <preferences xsi:nil="1"/>
  |     <roles>
  |      <description>An administrator</description>
  |      <rolename>admin</rolename>
  |     </roles>
  |     <roles>
  |      <description>A member</description>