Hi,
I'm also using Struts, a business delegate layer, a ejb session facade layer
etc.

I was wondering if the BASIC, FORM, DIGEST etc. configs were mandatory in order
for not losing principals on the EJB side? I think not, but I'm not quit sure.

The Subject I retrieve after authentication is stored in httpsession by me and
it stays there, so no problem on that part.

After successful user login, the first remote ejb call works well (according to
defined role/method permissions in the ejb DD) and the ejb login module pushes
the user role as expected.

The problem is the following:
On the second (and same) remote ejb call, principal and credential are still
being passed, but my ejb login module is not being called anymore.

As a natural consequence, the role is not found (null) and a security exception
is thrown by the ejb container.

Could this be somehow related to Jon's web config problem? (I doubt about that)

login-config.xml
<application-policy name="SiglesLogin">
  |   <authentication>
  |     <login-module code="org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule"
flag="required"/>
  |     <login-module
code="fr.paris.dsti.sigles.frontend.security.auth.SimpleLoginModule"
flag="required"/>
  |     <login-module code="org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule"
flag="required"/>
  |   </authentication>
  | </application-policy>
  |
  | <application-policy name="SiglesEjb">
  |   <authentication>
  |     <login-module code="org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule"
flag="required">
  |       <module-option name="multi-threaded">true</module-option>
  |     </login-module>
  |
  |     <login-module
code="fr.paris.dsti.sigles.frontend.security.auth.JBossEjbLoginModule"
flag="required" />

  |     <login-module code="org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule"
flag="required">
  |       <module-option name="multi-threaded">true</module-option>
  |     </login-module>
  |
  |   </authentication>
  | </application-policy>

web.xml and jboss-web.xml
*** I did not configure any security in these files ***

jboss.xml
<security-domain>java:/jaas/SiglesEjb</security-domain>
  | ...plus role declaration and method perission...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3875279#3875279

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3875279