I am using jboss-4.0.0RC2. I am trying to use form-based declarative security.
My web.xml is:
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
  |     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
  |     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
  |     version="2.4">
  |
  |   <display-name>Certification</display-name>
  |   <description>no description</description>
  |
  |        <servlet>
  |       <servlet-name>showlogs</servlet-name>
  |       <display-name>Show Logs</display-name>
  |       <description>no description</description>
  |       <servlet-class>com.onestraw.servlets.ShowLogs</servlet-class>
  |     </servlet>
  |     <servlet-mapping>
  |        <servlet-name>showlogs</servlet-name>
  |        <url-pattern>/sec/showlogs</url-pattern>
  |      </servlet-mapping>
  |
  |     <security-role>
  |         <role-name>admin</role-name>
  |     </security-role>
  |     <security-role>
  |         <role-name>users</role-name>
  |     </security-role>
  |     <login-config>
  |         <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
  |         <realm-name>certification</realm-name>
  |         <form-login-config>
  |             <form-login-page>/login.html</form-login-page>
  |             <form-error-page>/loginError.html</form-error-page>
  |         </form-login-config>
  |     </login-config>
  |     <security-constraint>
  |         <web-resources-collection>
  |             <web-resource-name>Show Log Records</web-resource-name>
  |             <url-pattern>/sec/*</url-pattern>
  |             <http-method>GET</http-method>
  |             <http-method>POST</http-method>
  |         </web-resources-collection>
  |         <auth-constraint>
  |             <role-name>admin</role-name>
  |         </auth-constraint>
  |     </security-constraint>
  | </web-app>
My jboss-web.xml is:
<jboss-web>
  |    <!-- Uncomment the security-domain to enable security. You will
  |       need to edit the htmladaptor login configuration to setup the
  |       login modules used to authentication users.-->
  |       <security-domain>java:/jaas/certification</security-domain>
  |
  | </jboss-web>

I have added this to my login-config:
    <application-policy name = "certification">
  |        <authentication>
  |           <login-module code =
"org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required" />
  |        </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>
My user.properties has:
matthew=frodo
  | kaylene=bilbo
and my roles.properties has:
matthew=admin,users
  | kaylene=users
both files being in my classes dir in my war.
I am expecting the server to present me with my login form page when I try to
access /sec/showlogs but instead it lets me access that servlet without any
authentication. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thx,

Matthew

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3877027#3877027