as far as I can see a security manager is running. also when I try to explicit
activate the security manager according to the server guide within the run.bat
I get an exception which means that there's already one running.  the
server.policy file grants permission to everything.

  | 2005-05-09 16:53:55,791 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] starting
service jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager
  | 2005-05-09 16:53:55,791 DEBUG
[org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManagerService] Starting
jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager
  | 2005-05-09 16:53:56,191 DEBUG
[org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManagerService]
securityMgrCtxPath=java:/jaas
  | 2005-05-09 16:53:56,211 DEBUG
[org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManagerService]
cachePolicyCtxPath=java:/timedCacheFactory
  | 2005-05-09 16:53:56,221 DEBUG
[org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManagerService] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  | 2005-05-09 16:53:56,251 DEBUG
[org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManagerService] Started
jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager

nevertheless I'm going to check my bea weblogic environment.
... any other ideas what could have went wrong?

is there anything I have to add to the descriptors of the jmx-console xmbean?

in the meantime I made the following changes to the login-config.xml
  | <application-policy name = "jmx-console">
  |        <authentication>
  |           <login-module
code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required">
  |            <module-option
name="usersProperties">props/jmx-console-users.properties</module-option>
  |            <module-option
name="rolesProperties">props/jmx-console-roles.properties</module-option>
  |            <module-option
name="unauthenticatedIdentity">nobody</module-option>
  |           </login-module>
  |        </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>
  | <application-policy name = "other">
  |        <authentication>
  |           <login-module code =
"org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required" >
  |              <module-option
name="unauthenticatedIdentity">nobody</module-option>
  |           </login-module>
  |        </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>

and within extjndi-service.xml I changed the "attributes" into:
  | <attribute name="Properties">
  |     java.naming.factory.initial=weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory
  |     java.naming.provider.url=t3://localhost:7001
  |     java.naming.security.principal=nobody
  |     java.naming.security.authentication=simple
  |     java.naming.security.credentials=weblogic
  |   </attribute>
I also changed the jmx-console-roles.properties to
admin=JBossAdmin,HttpInvoker,nobody
and jmx-console-users.properties to
admin=admin,nobody
to be sure, that "everthing" has permission granted,
but without success. the errormessage is still the same.

regards,
chris

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3877024#3877024