"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote :
  | If you don't use TreeCacheAop, simply remove qdox.jar, jboss-aop.jar and
javassist.jar

  | Otherwise, we're trying to gradually reduce the dependencies to
jboss-xxx.jar files, off of the top of my mind, we currently depend mainly on
JBoss' JMX impl, NestedExceptions and some other minor stuff.
  | We have a JIRA task open that will remove as much as possible from these
dependencies, and club the remaining deps together in 1 JAR.

That's great.  The first time I installed JBOSS-CACHE saw the list of JARS and
was asking WTF.  Thank god..

anonymous wrote :
  | You mean you want us to start charging you for the code ? :-)

Yes, it does cost an arm and a leg - neverthless a darned good product.
Something I'd rather pay for than let's say - IBM Websphere..

anonymous wrote :
  | Don't know Coherence too well, maybe they offer less functionality ? Afaik,
they don't have support for POJO replication.
  | For example, if they want to support JTA transactions, they'll need the
javax.transaction.* package, which is part of J2EE. Maybe they clubbed all of
the J2EE classes into 1 JAR.

Coherence supports POJO replication across the cluster - be it the simpler
replicated cache offered by JBOSS-CACHE, to the more elaborate partitioned
caches including near cache's which can then be backed by a distributed cache
(somewhat similar to a CPU's L1 and L2 caches).  If you guys had a roadmap on
features to implement, I'd say - take a look at what caching strategies
tangosol offers.  Plus cluster wide locking..

In regards to the JTA support, and JCA - I believe they are seperated out onto
different JAR files - nevertheless, if the feature isn't needed - there's no
reason to require it as a concrete dependency..

Sounds like i'm plugging Coherence - not really :)  I just like the product and
I hope Jboss-Cache will be further enhanced to support it's elaborate caching
strategies along with support for a distributed lock manager (coherent
distributed cache).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3880698#3880698

Reply to the post :