Thank you for the response.  What seems to you obvious to others may not.  And
yes I did ask for it, thank you.

I looked at the Wiki about the ping/pong issue.

I had ONE thread connecting to a server.  and it's running on the same computer
as the server, for now.   the Messages are around 500 bytes to 1 K in size.
they are placed on the topic every 5 seconds.

This early test ran i a seperate JVM becuase eventually i will move it to a
seperate client computer, where subscription will not be able to made from the
same JVM.  Didn't do the test in process exactly to uncover issues like this.
So I'm using two JVMs.  Hence the need for UIL2.

In everything I was sorting through I did miss the setExceptionListener().  I
knew i was missing something if this is it thank you.   Obviously if i had
everything configured correctly i would not be having difficulties.

I am still tracking down valuable resources to use to troubleshoot these things
myself.  trust me i don;t want to have to wait for you or someone else to reply
to get my problem fixed.  i'd rather fix it myself.

The only thing i see to do is add an ExceptionListner and close and reopen the
connection when I get an exception.  However if there was only a single
connection and both JVMs were o nthe same computer why might the connection
fail?

Again thank you for responding,
Michael

View the original post :