Thanks for the answer Tomas.
Well I tried to look it all up running google queries all over the place...
hmm...
What I wanted was:

#1 login
#2 call methods
#3 logout

so the natural way seemd to use the JAAS login when the user arrivs and logging
him out once he goes.

The thing i wanted to implements was some soft-user-tracking.
so the user has no password and is idientified by his id (stored in a cookie)
only. I know I have to watch out for buggy browser and XSS. But this is
supposed to not be implemented on any *harmful* cases anyway.

Thanks for the answer I'll look into the BASIC and FORM base auth.

It whould be nice though if you could elaborate on that ClientLoginModule part
a bit or hint me to a thread I did not find.

kindest regards,
 Moritz Angermann

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3887783#3887783