Hi,

After a couple of days exploring the code, I finally figured out how to deploy
a portlet and a portal separately and be able to access it. I must admit it was
a quite challenging task.

I don't know if *-portal.xml files can be deployed as-is in deploy directory,
but the trick is to set up your development environment to create a war file
with WEB-INF/*-portal.xml file in it. Another wars file contain your portlets,
one per a web app, so that portals and portlets are kept separately.

It's easily done with NetBeans 5.0 (with its JBoss support), probably not less
easy with Apache Maven and some other tools.

The latest version of JBoss Portlet 2.2.0-ALPHA (built from cvs) has changed
the way portals and portlets are accessed. Now, the path to a portal is of the
pattern:
/[local|global]/<portal-name>/<page-name>/<window-name>/<instance-ref>. You can
find the urls taking a look at server.log (where DEBUGs go) and look up
'portalobject'. Remove it and you'll get the url. So, /portalobject/A/B/C/D
gives A/B/C/D and represents the portal A with the page B that in turn
references the window C and its portlet D.

The last question is what the difference between local and global is. Probably,
it pertains to how the session is kept - locally or distributed, but I don't
know it yet. Could anyone explain it to me?

There're some additional query params: ctrl|render|nav|move|page and cmd, which
can influence what is really executed and how, but had no time to delve into
it. Could anyone explain it to me, too?

Jacek

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3896840#3896840