Again, don't use jBPM as a thread scheduler. Use it as a BPM engine and all
will be fine. What can we do? Should we not use the word 'fork' and 'join'
because there could be some confusion? Then you could argue about the word
'process'. For some of us this means a bunch of instructions running on a
processor, for others it means a business procedure.
A fork is a notational element in JPDL, borrowed from UML activity diagrams. As
in UML activity diagrams it denotes a split in the execution of a (business)
process into two or more paths of execution that may happen in parallel. The
runtime engine of jBPM creates two child tokens corresponding to these paths of
execution. These child tokens can be signalled independently, but of course
only if they end up in a wait state somewhere between the fork and the join. If
there is no wait state in between then calculation will be deterministic and
there will be no real parallelism.

Regards,
Koen

View the original post :