I was having the same issues (content assist not working with annotations).
It's working now after I did the following:

- Read web page; http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/apt/index.html

  |   | -- Notice that at the top of the page it identifies Eclipse 1.3.1 (I
was using 1.3)
  |   | -- Notice that you have to use JDK 1.5 (and double checke that it's set
in the Eclispe Preferences when you complete these steps).
  |   |
  | - I installed 1.3.1
  | - I installed the following plugins
  |
  |   | -- For JBoss - http://jboss.sourceforge.net/jbosside/updates
  |   | -- For Anno - http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/apt/JdtAptUpdateSite
  |   | -- For EJB 3 - http://download.jboss.org/jbosside/updates/development/
  |   |
  | - I followed the instructions found  on the JDT webpage to copy tool.jar.
  | - Restarted Eclipse
  |

  | After I did this the annotations code assist/complete worked as in the
Trailblazer.  I tried the plugins without upgrading to 1.3.1 and still had the
same issue (no code assist).

  | Differnet combinations may work but this works for me.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3911282#3911282

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3911282