I'm trying to setup jboss 4.0.3sp1 to use Sybase as its JMS persistence. I
copied the example configuration file from $JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/jms and
edited it to use my datasource. The tables are created correctly, but there is
a problem with the SQL defined for SELECT_MAX_TX which results in the following
failure:

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
ObjectName: jboss.mq:service=PersistenceManager
  State: FAILED
  Reason: org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Could not resolve uncommited
transactions.  Message recovery may not be accurate; - nested throwable:
(com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword
'SELECT'.
)

The Sybase manual states that the UNION keyword is not supported in subqueries,
which seems to be an issue here. Union does support a select into clause in
Sybase, but without writing a stored proc, I can't condense the required SQL
into a single call. A case statement will be messy and redundant to accomplish
the same thing.

It seems like others are using Sybase for JMS - should I simply limit the scope
of the search for a TXID to the JMS_MESSAGES table and remove the union? That
seems to be the workaround for the similar problem in MySQL.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3911862#3911862

Reply to the post :