Tvan,

It all depends what you understand under the nomer 'proprietary'. The fact that
XPDL originates from the WfMC and that there is a (small) number of products
using it, does not make it a widespread standard. And if it is not a widespread
standard, I would also call it proprietary. BPMN has as many claims to be
called a 'standard' as XPDL.
I am not saying I would be able to convince your management on this one, but I
think you should certainly mention the enormous fragmentation with at least
five 'standard' notations in the workspace/bpm space. So at this moment there
is no clear agreement on standards and in such a situation I think you should
pick whatever you feel most comfortable with.

My 2 cents,
Koen

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3912541#3912541