Actually we are already working on this stuff. (It was part of the original
vision of Seam that we mapped out almost a year ago. Christian Bauer was
especially keen on this stuff, for several years.)

jBPM already runs in pure in-memory mode, all we really need to do is write the
JSF navigation handler.

The language looks like this:

 <conversation-definition name=?editDocument?>

  |    <start-state name=?get?>
  |      <transition name=?notFound? to=?get?/>
  |      <transition name=?success? to=?edit?/>
  |    </start-state>
  |
  |    <state name=?edit" page=?/editDocument.jsp?>
  |      <transition to=?done?/>
  |    </state>
  |
  |    <end-state name=?done? page=?/findDocument.jsp?/>
  |
  |  </conversation-definition>

So the idea is that you will use the same workflow language for orchestrating:

(1) the persistent, multi-user, longrunning PROCESS
(2) the pure-in-memory, single-user CONVERSATION

Yes, I would like to make this more pluggable in future. You should be able to
integrate any workflow engine you like into Seam.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3914664#3914664

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3914664