Hello Almo

anonymous wrote : Are you referring to/calling another process inside the
action handler?
I am not referring or calling another process inside the action handler. The
action handler's main job is to save the process instance.

anonymous wrote : Are you modifying another process definition inside your
action handler
No. My modification, I was referring to the process definition that have the
action handler added each of it's transition.

What I am trying to do is as processing at each node is completed, save the
process instance so if the processing at next node fails, I can start rerunning
from the same node where the failure occured. For the example process
definition listed below, say if the processing at node 'second' fails, then I
want to start reprocessing from state 'second'.

I think I can justify why I was getting the exception (I may very well be
wrong). I was saving process instance upon each transition. However, which node
of the transition is associated with the token at that point is not clear to
me. I think this is why the exception stating 'null' node.

I modified to store process instance in a action handler that is executed upon
node enter event. Now I am getting the following exception when I try to resume.

org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a
collection of role: org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.leavingTransitions, no session or
session was closed
  |         at
org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationException(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:358)
  |         at
org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationExceptionIfNotConnected(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:350)
  |         at
org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.readSize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:97)
  |         at
org.hibernate.collection.PersistentList.size(PersistentList.java:91)
  |         at
org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.getDefaultLeavingTransition(Node.java:189)
  |         at org.jbpm.graph.exe.Token.signal(Token.java:89)
  |         at
org.jbpm.graph.exe.ProcessInstance.signal(ProcessInstance.java:201)
  |         at jpl.mipl.pgs.jbpm.JBPMExeEngine.execute(JBPMExeEngine.java:471)
  |         at jpl.mipl.pgs.jbpm.JBPMExeEngine.main(JBPMExeEngine.java:531)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3918287#3918287

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3918287