"rdanner" wrote : "rdanner" wrote : I know j2ee servers run RMI/IIOP but my
understandding is that it is compatiple with RMI/JRMP.
  |   |
  |   | I deployed an application in to JBoss today that was compiled with the
standard RMIC and when it attempts to bind to the RMI port running on jboss
(1098) I get the following error.
  |   |
  |   | 07:50:00,234 ERROR [RmiJcrClientRepository] binding failure
[java.rmi.ConnectIOException: non-JRMP server at remote endpoint]
  |   | 07:50:17,019 ERROR [RemoteContentRepositoryServicesFactory] binding
failure [java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table]
  |   |
  |   | What is the deal with RMI/IIOP? Do I need special stubs/Skeletons?  I
noticed i get similar results even if I try to bind from an app in jboss to the
basic rmiregistry running outside of jboss.
  |   |

  | Currently I am looking at recompiling (rmic) with -iiop
  |

  | RMI-IIOP utilizes the Java CORBA Object Request Broker (ORB) and IIOP, so
you can write all of your code in the Java programming language, and use the
rmic compiler to generate the code necessary for connecting your applications
via the Internet InterORB Protocol (IIOP) to others written in any
CORBA-compliant language. To work with CORBA applications in other languages,
IDL can be generated from Java programming language interfaces using the rmic
compiler with the -idl option. To generate IIOP stubs and tie classes, use the
rmic compiler with the -iiop option. For more information on using rmic, link
to rmic - The Java RMI Compiler.
  | When should I use RMI-IIOP?
  |
  | RMI-IIOP is for developers who program in the Java programming language and
want to program to the RMI interfaces, but use IIOP as the underlying
transport. RMI-IIOP provides interoperability with other CORBA objects
implemented in various languages - but only if all the remote interfaces are
originally defined as Java RMI interfaces. It is of particular interest to
programmers using Enterprise JavaBeansTM (EJBTM), since the remote object model
for EJB components is based on the RMI API.

Well I compiled with the -iiop and now I get a different error

I would have thought I would have got this prior to getting the non-JRMP error.
 My hunch is that this is a policy issue? anyone know?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3918918#3918918

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3918918