I noticed on the JUnit site (http://www.junit.org/) that various IDEs,
including netbeans, have got modules that will generate JUnit tests
for java classes.  See <http://www.junit.org/IDEs.htm>, for example.

Is there any interest in coming up with something similar for the JDE?
Depending on how people feel about the Sun Community License (I am not
a fan), we could study the netbeans implementation and try to leverage it.
Otherwise we could do a clean room implementation under the GPL.

What would people find useful in this respect?  There are some obvious,
low hanging fruit to grab, such as a template to generate (and update)
an AllTests.java suite class for the *Tests.java classes in the current
package.  Less trivial is the generation of actual test code, which is
what the netbeans and other IDE folk claim to have done.

Eric