Eric D. Friedman wrote:

> I noticed on the JUnit site (http://www.junit.org/) that various IDEs,
> including netbeans, have got modules that will generate JUnit tests
> for java classes.  See <http://www.junit.org/IDEs.htm>, for example.
>
> Is there any interest in coming up with something similar for the JDE?
> Depending on how people feel about the Sun Community License (I am not
> a fan), we could study the netbeans implementation and try to leverage it.
> Otherwise we could do a clean room implementation under the GPL.
>
> What would people find useful in this respect?  There are some obvious,
> low hanging fruit to grab, such as a template to generate (and update)
> an AllTests.java suite class for the *Tests.java classes in the current
> package.  Less trivial is the generation of actual test code, which is
> what the netbeans and other IDE folk claim to have done.
>
> Eric

Someone at my company wrote a JUnit test skeleton generator for our
build process. A template in jde would do the same thing. I assume this
is not what you want? If not what is? Does it make sense to generate
your test code based on the current implementation (it will always pass...)

I would like the other way around : Generate production code based on my
unit test. I like the XP practice TestFirstDesign.

--
<--+-Richard den Adel-=