> I'm following the JDEbug user's guide closely, but when I try to
> launch the debugger (Processes->Start Debugger), it fails because the
> classpath is somehow mangled.  This is what the JDEbug buffer shows:
>
> ===
>   cd /home/jlmarin/webprogs/
>   java -classpath
> /usr/share/emacs/20.7/site-lispjava/lib/jde.jar:/usr/lib/j2sdk1.3/
                                ^^
I'd say this is your problem right here.  The path to jde.jar appears to be
incorrect.  The JDE calculates the classpath entry for jde.jar based on
where the jde lisp is found in `load-path'; see the help for
`jde-find-jde-data-directory'.  Check your load-path and make sure that each
entry in it contains a trailing slash.  If
"/usr/share/emacs/20.7/site-lisp/java" is not where the jde is found, then
you should change the entry in your load-path to point to the actual
location where you unpacked the JDE distribution.

/Nick