Paul Kinnucan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The JDE CVS repository is intended to facilitate development of the
> JDE. It is not intended to serve as a source for independently
> developed packages required by and, in some cases, distributed with
> the JDE.

Ok, fair enough.  I just thought that any package/.el file not made by
you would be available from somewhere else.

> You appear to be upgrading your installation from the JDE CVS respository.
> This is a very bad idea as the CVS repository is not  guaranteed to be
> stable. It contains work-in-progress that may break other features.

I'm aware of that.  I'm still evaluating JDE, and I'm the only JDE
user here yet, so I can live with that.  I just want the latest
features, the latest bugs I can live with. :-)

I'm doing the same for Gnus and some other packages, so I guess I've
become lazy: It's very simple to do "cvs update" and then "make"
instead of figuring out the various configuration/installation options
of the packages I use.  The XEmacs people has made some kind of way of
dealing with simple downloading and installation of packages, but for
us Emacs users, we still have to do extra work, and when the various
packages use different configuration/installation setup it is just
easier to update a CVS repository which happens to be in the
load-path.

> I occasionally make between-release bug fixes available via the CVS
> repository. You should only download the specific file or files that
> I indicate when announcing such bug fixes.

I'll do that when I announce our JDE support here.  Hopefully soon.

Thanks!

        Affi